This Privacy Notice describes the types of information we collect or receive and how we may use that information. The information we collect includes personal information and non-personal information, as defined below.
The Privacy Notice also describes the measures we take to protect the security of personal information. We also tell you how you can reach us to ask us to (i) access, change or not use the personal information you have provided to us, (ii) withdraw any consent you previously provided to us, and (iii) answer any questions you may have about our privacy practices.
By using our Services, you consent to the collection and our use of this information as set forth in this Privacy Notice which may be amended from time to time. If we decide to change our privacy practices, we will post those changes on this page so that you are always kept informed of what data we collect, how we use it, and under what circumstances we disclose it. Please check this page for changes from time to time to make sure you are aware of our latest privacy practices.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. We recognize that when you choose to provide us with information about yourself, you trust us to act responsibly. That's why we have put a policy in place to protect your personal information. You may always use our Services without giving us any personal information. Please read on for more details about our privacy practices.
Our Collection and Use of Personal InfoRMation
Personal information is data that can be used to uniquely identify or contact a single person. You may choose to provide personal information to us when you use our Services. Because we change our features from time to time, the options you have to provide us with personal information may also change, but here are some examples of situations in which you may decide to provide personal information to us:
- Contacting us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service;
- When making a payment; and
- Using our Services when personal information is required for use or participation
The information we collect from you will vary depending on which of our Services you are using. However, the information you provide generally may include the following:
- Name, email address, address, photograph, phone number, date of birth, anniversary date, forum posts and comments, and payment information (including credit card numbers collected through secure third-party payment processing company).
- Information about your activity on and interaction with our Services (such as your IP address, the type of device you use, your geolocation, and your actions on the website); and
- Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
Because we directly ask you to provide personal information in these cases, you often will be able to tell from our specific requests what types of information we receive from you.
We collect this information for reasons such as:
- To understand your needs and provide you with better service;
- For statistical purposes and analysis for management purposes in order to administer or improve our products and services;
- Internal record keeping, and administrative purposes, and to inform you about our events, services or products, or other related information that we think would be of interest to you, as explained above;
- To communicate marketing messages, newsletters, and details of our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you by post or email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications); and
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes or to customize the website according to your interests
Our Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
We also collect non-personal information data in a form that does not permit direct association with any specific individual. We may collect, use, and process non-personal information for service improvement purposes
Pearls Perfected, LLC has zero-tolerance for unsolicited commercial e-mail (UCL) also referred to as junk email or spam. We strictly adhere and comply with the requirements of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Controlling the Assault of Non-Solicited Pornography and Marketing Act), which prohibits us from sending unsolicited commercial e-mail. All users of our website and services who opt-in to receive electronic newsletters or other electronic communication from us will always be presented with the option to opt-out. We will desist from sending you further electronic messages as soon as we receive your opt-out request.
For further information or questions, kindly contact us on our email [email protected]
Information Collected by Automated Means
We may obtain certain personal and non-personal information by automated means when you use our Services. The type of information we collect by automated means may vary, but generally includes technical information about your devices, such as IP address or another device identifier. The information we collect also may include usage information and statistics about your interaction with our Services. That information may include the specific page of our website that you visited, page views, time spent on a page, number of clicks, platform type, and other information about how you used our Service.
In cases where you use a mobile device to access our Service, we will receive information about the location of your device. In some cases, even if you are not using a mobile device, information about your general location may be discernable from your device’s IP address or the URLs we receive.
We use the information we collect by automated means to understand our Users and to determine their preferences. As a result, we can develop and deliver new or modified offerings, that are improved with our users’ preferences in mind.
Here are some of the types of automated data collection that may occur when you use our sites:
When you visit our website, your browser automatically sends us your Internet protocol (“IP”) address so that the web pages you request can be sent to your computer or device. We use your IP address to determine additional information, such as whether the computer or device has ever been used to visit our site before, which site features were used most often, and how much time was spent on a page.
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Sharing of Information
- With our customer system managers and other service providers who assist us in operating our website as long as those third parties agree to keep this information confidential under European Union's General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR");
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with or required by any applicable law, regulation, or legal process;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our Terms or to protect the rights, property, and safety of Pearls Perfected, LLC or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
Please note that Pearls Perfected, LLC does not store or have direct access to your personal credit card information. All credit card information is processed by Stripe or Paypal, secure third-party payment processing companies.
Retention of Data
We will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our Service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to and maintained on computers located outside of your state, province, country, or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ from those of your jurisdiction.
Disclosure of Data
Pearls Perfected, LLC may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Pearls Perfected, LLC;
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service;
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public; and
- To protect against legal liability.
In certain cases, you may have choices about how we use and disclose your personal information. For example, we will ask you before we use your personal information for any purpose incompatible with those purposes identified in this Notice.
You can also choose not to give us the information we request, as described in the “Our Collection and Use of Personal Information” section of this Notice. In some cases, if you decide not to provide information, we will not be able to provide you with access to some Services, or we may not be able to provide you with the Service, feature, or information you requested.
In some cases, you can limit the information we collect by automated means. You may also exercise and amend your choices by sending an email to us as specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below.
How We Protect Personal Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorized access.
Links to Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 13 (“Child”, “Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from Children without adult verification or parental consent, we will take the necessary steps to remove that information from our servers.
Updates to Our Privacy Notice
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to you to reflect changes in our information practices or relevant laws. We will indicate at the top of the Notice when it was updated. Please review this Notice any time you access or use our sites to make sure you have reviewed the most recent version.
How to Contact Us
If you have any questions or comments about this Privacy Notice or if you would like us to update information, we have about you or your preferences, please contact us at [email protected]